Currently seeking submissions for online magazine!
Gen Tales is where genealogy meets history. We are currently seeking stories about your family tree.
- Well written and sourced personal slant on history that notes in some form the writer’s relationship to the subject, or experiences in carrying out lineage research
- Sign up on the Medium site as a writer and enroll in their Partner Program to be eligible for earnings (all earnings will be paid directly from Medium to you, so even if Aliconia stops publishing Gen Tales, writers will continue to have the opportunity to earn from their writing and to continue adding articles to other parts of the site)
- Stop by the GenTales information page and leave a comment that you want to be a writer.
How it works: Once you are signed up for Medium and added to the publication, you can add a completed draft or published article to Gen Tales for addition to the magazine. You will also be eligible for Medium Editor curation and distribution.
The Medium publications help group articles by subject matter to make them easier for readers to find and follow them. You are under no obligation to publish every article in Gen Tales, nor are you under any obligation to publish only genealogy topics.
Be sure to read the Policies on the Medium site. You will own your work and can remove it at any time. You will have direct access to all of your article stats via your writer dashboard. Your earnings on your article are all yours and deposited directly to you by Medium (via Stripe, they have instructions when you register). The Gen Tales editor (Alicia M Prater, PhD) will do a cursory look through your article for any major issues prior to publication but will not change the content. If your article is not acceptable, you will be notified and allowed to resubmit. The benefit of publishing with GenTales is that followers of the magazine will be alerted to your article being published, and Aliconia promotes the articles published in the magazine.
You do not need to be a paid Medium subscriber to submit articles, though they now require you be one to earn through their partner program. You can promote your articles any way you wish. You will have a friend link that you can share to allow select people beyond the paywall to read your articles that you can use to your discretion.
New guidelines January 2023
Aliconia Publishing is interested in 100+ page fiction manuscripts of any genre. If your manuscript is completed, send a query letter to the email listed on the Contact page containing the following information:
- Your name (and pseudonym if used)
- Number of 1.15 spaced, 12-pt Times New Roman A5 pages and word count
- Title and book synopsis
- First 10 pages
If interested, we will request a chapter outline and information on any visual elements included in the manuscript before entering negotiations for publication. Aliconia Publishing retains the right to edit and reformat any accepted manuscript as appropriate for the intended format. The expectations will be laid out during the negotiations for publication.
Aliconia Publishing retains the right to reject any query sent without all requested information provided to the reviewer’s satisfaction. Aliconia Publishing is under no obligation to respond to a query or to accept a manuscript for publication.